SB6 Live » Barrow

• el fisho
    el fisho
    Anyone else coming to this? I'm well stoked that SB6 are coming to our backwater. Capdown and King Blues came last year, was a real intimate gig because the venues small and most people where watching the Rugby. But hopefully the turnout for this should be a bit better.

Anyone else coming to this? I'm well stoked that SB6 are coming to our backwater. Capdown and King Blues came last year, was a real intimate gig because the venues small and most people where watching the Rugby. But hopefully the turnout for this should be a bit better.

• comedydave1
    comedydave1 Newcastle
    FUCK YEAH!!! BAARRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I was at the Capdown show too, mega awesome, it's a good venue actually, I'm dead excited. Day after I get back from Europe too! WOOP! x

FUCK YEAH!!! BAARRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I was at the Capdown show too, mega awesome, it's a good venue actually, I'm dead excited. Day after I get back from Europe too! WOOP!

x

• el fisho
    el fisho
    The canteens great for attracting big names but I don't particularly like the place. They never pay us when we play for starters, or when they do give 25 quid to split 6 ways. But this more than makes up for it I suppose(although really its monsterrocks we have to thank).

The canteens great for attracting big names but I don't particularly like the place. They never pay us when we play for starters, or when they do give 25 quid to split 6 ways.

But this more than makes up for it I suppose(although really its monsterrocks we have to thank).

• el fisho
    el fisho
    Yeah I don't expect them to pay for band size, I was just pointing out it doesn't even cover travel costs for us. I don't really hold it against them, I just find it frustrating when we bring a decent crowd through the door and they're racking in the cash that you sometimes don't even get a few drinks for your trouble. But at the same time like you say, they're only doing what many others do, and I don't expect its easy to make the books balance on a venue like that in a small town. At the end of they day we don't do it for the money, or we'd have stopped a long time ago. I've got to respect them for bringing in bands like sb6, Capdown and the King Blues. Anyway looks set to be a great night, there will be a massive party on Walney that night for the bridge as well with fireworks, bands and a carnival type thing, so a lot of people should be out.

Yeah I don't expect them to pay for band size, I was just pointing out it doesn't even cover travel costs for us. I don't really hold it against them, I just find it frustrating when we bring a decent crowd through the door and they're racking in the cash that you sometimes don't even get a few drinks for your trouble. But at the same time like you say, they're only doing what many others do, and I don't expect its easy to make the books balance on a venue like that in a small town. At the end of they day we don't do it for the money, or we'd have stopped a long time ago. I've got to respect them for bringing in bands like sb6, Capdown and the King Blues.

Anyway looks set to be a great night, there will be a massive party on Walney that night for the bridge as well with fireworks, bands and a carnival type thing, so a lot of people should be out.

• You Can Call Me Al
    You Can Call Me Al Luton, England, United Kingdom
    [quote="Andy DTA"] [quote="el fisho"]The canteens great for attracting big names but I don't particularly like the place. They never pay us when we play for starters, or when they do give 25 quid to split 6 ways. [/quote] you'll find most serious promoters will do that with small bands. and as for band size, they wont pay a band more just because they've got more people in it... otherwise i would make sure i was in a MASSIVE ska band.[/quote] I'd be in an EVEN-MORE-MASSIVE 200 piece orchestra!

Andy DTA wrote:

I'd be in an EVEN-MORE-MASSIVE 200 piece orchestra!

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post