SB6 Live » your favourite sb6 gig?

• jym
    jym
    its difficult one to say for me.. ive seen the Boom on soo many occasions its a real difficult one... I could be a real geek and say the first time i saw them in Oldham town centre ion the pissing down rain supporting the amazing lineup of.. King Prawn, Coolie Ranx and Zen Baseballbat.. but i was so hungover that day i really cant say it was my favourite.. perhaps its a tossup between their first gig in Keighley with Random Hand at a place called CJ's. I put on the gig and ive never had a gig like it. The Crowd queuing round the block, turning aweay at least 150 people, the floor literally shaking from the crowd bouncing. The sheer terror of having the floor go through but elation of putting one of those 'i was there gigs!'. The Boom rose to the challenge of equalling RH on thier home turf, and with Aspirin and the mighty Captain Hotknives in support, that gig will live in long in my memory. The other occasion was at Slam Dunk fest, i had managaed to blag a VIP ticket and seeing the immense crowd reaction that ensured when the boom came on was completely satisfying to see people had finally caught on.

its difficult one to say for me.. ive seen the Boom on soo many occasions its a real difficult one...

I could be a real geek and say the first time i saw them in Oldham town centre ion the pissing down rain supporting the amazing lineup of.. King Prawn, Coolie Ranx and Zen Baseballbat.. but i was so hungover that day i really cant say it was my favourite..

perhaps its a tossup between their first gig in Keighley with Random Hand at a place called CJ's. I put on the gig and ive never had a gig like it. The Crowd queuing round the block, turning aweay at least 150 people, the floor literally shaking from the crowd bouncing. The sheer terror of having the floor go through but elation of putting one of those 'i was there gigs!'. The Boom rose to the challenge of equalling RH on thier home turf, and with Aspirin and the mighty Captain Hotknives in support, that gig will live in long in my memory.

The other occasion was at Slam Dunk fest, i had managaed to blag a VIP ticket and seeing the immense crowd reaction that ensured when the boom came on was completely satisfying to see people had finally caught on.

• comedydave1
    comedydave1 Newcastle
    I was at the CJ's gig! That was awesome! Especially "right, if you don't stop jumping, the floor's going to fall through and we're all going to die...... Now here's a song to jump to!" That was a dead good gig. Slam Dunk was good, but I was on the shit side of the audience and nobody was fucking moving, just a bunch of Paramore fans rooted to the ground pissing me off. I think I hurt a few people with my dancing actually...

I was at the CJ's gig! That was awesome! Especially "right, if you don't stop jumping, the floor's going to fall through and we're all going to die...... Now here's a song to jump to!" That was a dead good gig.
    Slam Dunk was good, but I was on the shit side of the audience and nobody was fucking moving, just a bunch of Paramore fans rooted to the ground pissing me off. I think I hurt a few people with my dancing actually...

• Jesus
    Jesus
    I think it would have to be the last time they played in Arbroath. As far as I could tell (I was slightly drunk) there was only me and three of my mates going mental! That could all be lies though ;)

I think it would have to be the last time they played in Arbroath. As far as I could tell (I was slightly drunk) there was only me and three of my mates going mental! That could all be lies though wink

• Joey JoJo
    Joey JoJo Brighton, England, United Kingdom
    It's gotta be SB6's first show in Brighton, for two reasons. a)First time I saw SB6, but definitely not the last! b) It was probably the best gig I've seen in Brighton, the atmosphere was electric, everyone was up for having a good time! I really want to go the the RBF tour but it's sold out down here, it might have to be a tout jobby or blaggage. If not, I'll be at the Freebutt in May!

It's gotta be SB6's first show in Brighton, for two reasons.

a)First time I saw SB6, but definitely not the last!
    b) It was probably the best gig I've seen in Brighton, the atmosphere was electric, everyone was up for having a good time!

I really want to go the the RBF tour but it's sold out down here, it might have to be a tout jobby or blaggage. If not, I'll be at the Freebutt in May!

• Bear
    Bear Sherborne, England, United Kingdom
    [quote="Cal"]I think probally when they played the Joiners in Southampton in October 05...perfect gig, ended up going out to Jesters(!) with the lot of them, then crashing/passing out at the Homestead. Waking up thinking 'where the fuck am I?!' and noticing Ben snoring on the other sofa in the conservatory thing, n goin back to sleep :p Was such a cool night.[/quote] i think that was also the first time i saw them... but i don't remember the date... i know it was october time and i guess '05.. but possibly '04? i dunno, i just know i was on tour with the infamous "weapons of brass destruction" RIP. and SBS were headlining, but i didn't really pay much attention as i was knakered from driving all day and i'd just been dumped that night! but on a lighter note, my best SBS gig has to have been when they played with lightyear at yeovil ski lodge, not only because it's quite possibly the best gig ever in yeovil, and not because it was lightyear.... whom i miss so so much, but mostly just because it was an awesome atmosphere, everybody was just out to have fun and it just felt how a gig should be all the time. which even extended to after the gig when upon leaving we found out some idiots had come up to smash car windows while people were in the gig, including that of a guy who was going up to birmingham the next day to see the next lightyear gig, so the guys invited the poor guy back to mine, me and barney got pizza from tesco's then we all went back to the farm and just kicked back. makes me smile every time i think about it.

Cal wrote:

i think that was also the first time i saw them... but i don't remember the date... i know it was october time and i guess '05.. but possibly '04? i dunno, i just know i was on tour with the infamous "weapons of brass destruction" RIP. and SBS were headlining, but i didn't really pay much attention as i was knakered from driving all day and i'd just been dumped that night!
    but on a lighter note, my best SBS gig has to have been when they played with lightyear at yeovil ski lodge, not only because it's quite possibly the best gig ever in yeovil, and not because it was lightyear.... whom i miss so so much, but mostly just because it was an awesome atmosphere, everybody was just out to have fun and it just felt how a gig should be all the time. which even extended to after the gig when upon leaving we found out some idiots had come up to smash car windows while people were in the gig, including that of a guy who was going up to birmingham the next day to see the next lightyear gig, so the guys invited the poor guy back to mine, me and barney got pizza from tesco's then we all went back to the farm and just kicked back. makes me smile every time i think about it.

• barneyboom
    barneyboom
    That was a reet night, we played Street Fighter on the telly. Poor lad whose windows got smashed, I think he was called Dan. I remember having brews with your mum in the garden next morning. It's always funny how mums want to mother Laila.

That was a reet night, we played Street Fighter on the telly.

Poor lad whose windows got smashed, I think he was called Dan. I remember having brews with your mum in the garden next morning.

It's always funny how mums want to mother Laila.

• Bear
    Bear Sherborne, England, United Kingdom
    [quote="barneyboom"]That was a reet night, we played Street Fighter on the telly. Poor lad whose windows got smashed, I think he was called Dan. I remember having brews with your mum in the garden next morning. It's always funny how mums want to mother Laila.[/quote] haha, i'd forgotten about the street fighter! i remeber being sat in the kitchen having the whole "vegan, vegitarian, meat eater" conersation... i saw him at the birmingham show the next night so i guess he managed to get it fixed.

barneyboom wrote:

haha, i'd forgotten about the street fighter!
    i remeber being sat in the kitchen having the whole "vegan, vegitarian, meat eater" conersation...
    i saw him at the birmingham show the next night so i guess he managed to get it fixed.

• Meg Deep
    Meg Deep Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
    i think mine would have to be the last time i saw them which was in Liverpool on the RBF tour because i knew more songs so i could sing my heart out :D

i think mine would have to be the last time i saw them which was in Liverpool on the RBF tour because i knew more songs so i could sing my heart out biggrin

• Foxxe
    Foxxe Birmingham
    Aye I enjoyed the RBF tour too for the same kinda reason. Just a pity Kyle had decided he thought Arcade Perfect was wank and so wouldn't sing along to any of the newer tracks with me.

Aye I enjoyed the RBF tour too for the same kinda reason. Just a pity Kyle had decided he thought Arcade Perfect was wank and so wouldn't sing along to any of the newer tracks with me.

• OMR3
    OMR3
    For me it was probably when I saw them on the Ruff and Ready tour in 2007, where they played The Mighty Mighty Boom as an encore and got Itch from the King Blues on stage to sing Coolie Ranx's part in All-In. But a close second was supporting Reel Big Fish last year when they opened with the title track of Arcade Perfect and played a lot of songs from that album (including September to May, my favourite SB6 song) as well as old classics like Northern Skies, Piggy in the Middle, Bigger Than Punk Rock, finishing with Monkey See, Monkey Do

For me it was probably when I saw them on the Ruff and Ready tour in 2007, where they played The Mighty Mighty Boom as an encore and got Itch from the King Blues on stage to sing Coolie Ranx's part in All-In.

But a close second was supporting Reel Big Fish last year when they opened with the title track of Arcade Perfect and played a lot of songs from that album (including September to May, my favourite SB6 song) as well as old classics like Northern Skies, Piggy in the Middle, Bigger Than Punk Rock, finishing with Monkey See, Monkey Do

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post