SB6 Live » your favourite sb6 gig?

• liz
    liz
    I think last time I saw them was pretty special, all the crowd seemed to be really into it all, was in the basement of rock city and friends I was with we all just had a great night. Also one of earliest times saw, I think maybe second time had seen SB6 and it was for an anti-nazi gig in Junktion 7, again in Nottingham, not sure of it being greatest gig crowdwise but I thought was a great performance.

I think last time I saw them was pretty special, all the crowd seemed to be really into it all, was in the basement of rock city and friends I was with we all just had a great night.

Also one of earliest times saw, I think maybe second time had seen SB6 and it was for an anti-nazi gig in Junktion 7, again in Nottingham, not sure of it being greatest gig crowdwise but I thought was a great performance.

• pitt_machine
    pitt_machine Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
    For me it was the first time i booked SB6 for a gig. It was the first gig I'd ever put on and was well worried that no one would come as Hull can be pretty hit and miss with gigs, and by the end of the night I'd got about 100 people in, and everyone was proper loving it, and the adelphi was packed out. The atmosphere was amazing, and SB6 put on a quality set.

For me it was the first time i booked SB6 for a gig. It was the first gig I'd ever put on and was well worried that no one would come as Hull can be pretty hit and miss with gigs, and by the end of the night I'd got about 100 people in, and everyone was proper loving it, and the adelphi was packed out. The atmosphere was amazing, and SB6 put on a quality set.

• Jonny
    Jonny
    well, has to be the only one ive seen, at the funktion rooms, eastbourne. thing was, there were about 6 of my mates and me dancing like motherfuckers, while the other 30 or so people stood around looking shit. was a massive shame, and id like to point out you had about 15 - 20 hardcore fans standing outside who couldnt get in cos they didnt have id to prove they were 16... sucked massively, damn venue nazis...

well, has to be the only one ive seen, at the funktion rooms, eastbourne.

thing was, there were about 6 of my mates and me dancing like motherfuckers, while the other 30 or so people stood around looking shit.

was a massive shame, and id like to point out you had about 15 - 20 hardcore fans standing outside who couldnt get in cos they didnt have id to prove they were 16...

sucked massively, damn venue nazis...

• barneyboom
    barneyboom
    Yeah man, the Eastbourne gig situation sucked, I hate it when kids can't get in cos of age, it defies the point somewhat.

Yeah man, the Eastbourne gig situation sucked, I hate it when kids can't get in cos of age, it defies the point somewhat.

• ModHenry
    ModHenry
    Hey, ComedyDave1, the band that had 'Mr Bib Wakes Up' are the immense Random Hand. If you saw a few years ago check 'em out now, they're absoutely amazing. I've seen SB6 5 times methinks, but the best was when they headlined the Ruff and Ready Tour at Joseph's Well in Leeds. I'd seen them before but that was the 1st time ever and ddn't know them, at Leeds this time round I knew the songs and the audience were mad for it, it felt packed and such a strong vibe, everyone singing along. With me it always depends on the audience, Slam Dunk in Leeds last year wasn't great cos I couldn't breath as everyone was packed too tight. The Cockpit in Leeds was a good one, plenty of room to skanky skank!

Hey, ComedyDave1, the band that had 'Mr Bib Wakes Up' are the immense Random Hand. If you saw a few years ago check 'em out now, they're absoutely amazing.

I've seen SB6 5 times methinks, but the best was when they headlined the Ruff and Ready Tour at Joseph's Well in Leeds. I'd seen them before but that was the 1st time ever and ddn't know them, at Leeds this time round I knew the songs and the audience were mad for it, it felt packed and such a strong vibe, everyone singing along.

With me it always depends on the audience, Slam Dunk in Leeds last year wasn't great cos I couldn't breath as everyone was packed too tight. The Cockpit in Leeds was a good one, plenty of room to skanky skank!

• comedydave1
    comedydave1 Newcastle
    *coughs* I was being ironic... But thanks anyway! They're in Newcastle all the time, I've seen them 5 times since moving here 4 months ago haha! They sure are swell, especially Tilston, who always gives me stickers. He poured water down my back at the brickyard in December but I forgave him cos he gave me stickers. And they've started playing Mr Bib again! I'd like to think at least partly due to the fact that every single gig we go to we stand shouting "PLAY MR BIB!". It was awesome to see them back on tour with the Boom again in December, I reckon a Random Hand-World/Inferno Friendship Society-Sonic Boom Six tour should be coming soon, seeing as I hear the Inferno are heading back our way in July. xxx

*coughs* I was being ironic...
    But thanks anyway! They're in Newcastle all the time, I've seen them 5 times since moving here 4 months ago haha! They sure are swell, especially Tilston, who always gives me stickers. He poured water down my back at the brickyard in December but I forgave him cos he gave me stickers. And they've started playing Mr Bib again! I'd like to think at least partly due to the fact that every single gig we go to we stand shouting "PLAY MR BIB!". It was awesome to see them back on tour with the Boom again in December, I reckon a Random Hand-World/Inferno Friendship Society-Sonic Boom Six tour should be coming soon, seeing as I hear the Inferno are heading back our way in July.
    xxx

• pitt_machine
    pitt_machine Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
    Ruff n Ready in Leeds was amazing, I well enjoyed that one.

Ruff n Ready in Leeds was amazing, I well enjoyed that one.

• rorylando45
    rorylando45 London, England
    My favourite time was with King Prawn in 2003 haha. Naw that was a joke, that was the first time I heard them and if you don't know the songs, it's never as fun... I've been to some truly cracking shows, so it's hard to pick a favourite. They played with the mighty C*E! in Milton Keynes just before Ruff Guide came out, that was a really good show. Also just last month at Islington Bar was amazing, such a tiny venue. I also very much enjoyed the Purple Turtle show with King Blues, there was a killer setlist that night if I remember right! And of course the 2 LTJ shows will go down in history!

My favourite time was with King Prawn in 2003 haha. Naw that was a joke, that was the first time I heard them and if you don't know the songs, it's never as fun...

I've been to some truly cracking shows, so it's hard to pick a favourite. They played with the mighty C*E! in Milton Keynes just before Ruff Guide came out, that was a really good show. Also just last month at Islington Bar was amazing, such a tiny venue.

I also very much enjoyed the Purple Turtle show with King Blues, there was a killer setlist that night if I remember right! And of course the 2 LTJ shows will go down in history!

• JonP
    JonP
    A toss up between Rock city with The Flaming Tsunamis, and Derby Snowball. Derby snowball I had the great pleasure of doing sound for the guys, but at rock city I was on the pit barrier for the whole set skanking away :D

A toss up between Rock city with The Flaming Tsunamis, and Derby Snowball.

Derby snowball I had the great pleasure of doing sound for the guys, but at rock city I was on the pit barrier for the whole set skanking away biggrin

• vwme88
    vwme88 Ashford, England, United Kingdom
    umm has to be when they were at the purple turtle, in london, with the king blues, the one were the king blues actually played in the middle of mornington cressent after their set, in honour of two of the guys we went with, they were 17 and didnt realise it was over 18 lol, a truly awsome night, i think the RBF tour will be the 8th time ive seen them live lol

umm has to be when they were at the purple turtle, in london, with the king blues, the one were the king blues actually played in the middle of mornington cressent after their set, in honour of two of the guys we went with, they were 17 and didnt realise it was over 18 lol, a truly awsome night, i think the RBF tour will be the 8th time ive seen them live lol

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post