SB6 Live » your favourite sb6 gig?

• justin
    justin
    i think mine would have to be at the mill in rayleigh last september. the promoter hadn't attracted that many people (for some reason the gig was 18+), only about thirty or so turned up...in an absolutely huge room, i think it holds about 500. did this put sonic boom six off? like fuck it did. they tore up the setlist and took requests for the whole gig. there was plenty of room to dance without running the risk of being twatted by some cunt, and it felt like the crowd was pretty much completely made up of people i was friends with! basically it was fucking great. how about everyone else?

i think mine would have to be at the mill in rayleigh last september. the promoter hadn't attracted that many people (for some reason the gig was 18+), only about thirty or so turned up...in an absolutely huge room, i think it holds about 500. did this put sonic boom six off? like fuck it did.

they tore up the setlist and took requests for the whole gig. there was plenty of room to dance without running the risk of being twatted by some cunt, and it felt like the crowd was pretty much completely made up of people i was friends with! basically it was fucking great.

how about everyone else?

• Tom
    Tom Manchester, England, United Kingdom
    well, ive only been to see them twice. first time was at the gash the g8 gig at satans hollow in manchester a year or two back. then i saw them at leeds last year. when i first saw them i hadnt even listened to any of their stuff (i went for the AF and to see inner terrestrials) and i was completely blown away. no better way to get hooked, really! so thats probably my favourite gig out of the two because it properly got my interested. leeds was awesome, i knew all the words by then and the set was completely ripped apart limb by fucking limb, even if it was like, half 12 or something. cant wait for the gig on the 27th though, thatll be a reet good laugh.

well, ive only been to see them twice. first time was at the gash the g8 gig at satans hollow in manchester a year or two back. then i saw them at leeds last year.

when i first saw them i hadnt even listened to any of their stuff (i went for the AF and to see inner terrestrials) and i was completely blown away. no better way to get hooked, really! so thats probably my favourite gig out of the two because it properly got my interested.

leeds was awesome, i knew all the words by then and the set was completely ripped apart limb by fucking limb, even if it was like, half 12 or something.

cant wait for the gig on the 27th though, thatll be a reet good laugh.

• comedydave1
    comedydave1 Newcastle
    Eeeerm... The first time I saw Sonic Boom Six was in Whitehaven in April 2005, I hadn't heard anything by them and my friends were all excited so I was like "okay,cool, I'll go". They were supported by a shockingly awful band called Last In Line, and then another band who I kinda bummed straight away because they had a song called "Mr Bib Wakes Up" which was really good, and the trombonist did this thing where he pretended he was fishing with his trombone. But that's another story. It was brought to our attention (our being myself and five other friends) that, as Sonic Boom Six took to the stage, that the audience consisted of ourselves, Random Hand, and two drunk 14 year old girls dancing at the back. Last In Line left straight after playing. Fuckers. And it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Sonic Boom Six were absolutely awesome, I was singing along with most of the songs by the end of them because they were so damned catchy! They were fun, happy, political, interesting, varied... And the lead singer was really really pretty. I was 16, all the things that came before that last point were just added bonuses at the time really. So that was brilliant, our own private Sonic Boom Six gig! We had a chat with the bands, we all bought Random Hand's EP, Sonic Boom Six didn't have any merch with them, so I rushed home and ordered Sounds To Consume and a ticket to Wasted 2005, and it was all gravy. And I've seen them 14 times now! Never seen a weak show. The last one I went to was possibly my absolute favourite, at the Brickyard, cos it's an awesome venue, and I got to be up on stage an' all dancin' with the Boom, and singing Sound System into Ben's mic, which was most fun! Woooh if everyone puts that much detail into their descriptions we could release a novella.... xxx

Eeeerm... The first time I saw Sonic Boom Six was in Whitehaven in April 2005, I hadn't heard anything by them and my friends were all excited so I was like "okay,cool, I'll go".
    They were supported by a shockingly awful band called Last In Line, and then another band who I kinda bummed straight away because they had a song called "Mr Bib Wakes Up" which was really good, and the trombonist did this thing where he pretended he was fishing with his trombone. But that's another story.
    It was brought to our attention (our being myself and five other friends) that, as Sonic Boom Six took to the stage, that the audience consisted of ourselves, Random Hand, and two drunk 14 year old girls dancing at the back. Last In Line left straight after playing. Fuckers.
    And it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
    Sonic Boom Six were absolutely awesome, I was singing along with most of the songs by the end of them because they were so damned catchy! They were fun, happy, political, interesting, varied... And the lead singer was really really pretty. I was 16, all the things that came before that last point were just added bonuses at the time really.
    So that was brilliant, our own private Sonic Boom Six gig! We had a chat with the bands, we all bought Random Hand's EP, Sonic Boom Six didn't have any merch with them, so I rushed home and ordered Sounds To Consume and a ticket to Wasted 2005, and it was all gravy.
    And I've seen them 14 times now! Never seen a weak show. The last one I went to was possibly my absolute favourite, at the Brickyard, cos it's an awesome venue, and I got to be up on stage an' all dancin' with the Boom, and singing Sound System into Ben's mic, which was most fun!
    Woooh if everyone puts that much detail into their descriptions we could release a novella....
    xxx

• You Can Call Me Al
    You Can Call Me Al Luton, England, United Kingdom
    This is difficult. The Camden leg of the Three Way Dance (Oct/Nov '06) was special on the grounds that it was the first time "The Mighty Mighty Boom" got a live airing in London. I had dislocated my shoulder a few days before and couldn't jump around like a loon, but when that dropped, I just had to go for it. Also, the Islington show back in May last year was damn fine. I think that may have been the closest to perfect I've ever see the Boom. And a special commendation goes to the Babyboom/King Blues/Suicide Bid gang show at the Underworld: it was pretty special. Seeing Suicide Bid in that particular guise should be the aim of everybody on this board. It was phenomenal.

This is difficult.

The Camden leg of the Three Way Dance (Oct/Nov '06) was special on the grounds that it was the first time "The Mighty Mighty Boom" got a live airing in London. I had dislocated my shoulder a few days before and couldn't jump around like a loon, but when that dropped, I just had to go for it.

Also, the Islington show back in May last year was damn fine. I think that may have been the closest to perfect I've ever see the Boom.

And a special commendation goes to the Babyboom/King Blues/Suicide Bid gang show at the Underworld: it was pretty special. Seeing Suicide Bid in that particular guise should be the aim of everybody on this board. It was phenomenal.

• Becka
    Becka Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
    Can't remember the date but it was in a little pub in Romford, with Pickled Dick. The venue was so small, but it was packed. But then I have only seen them twice, so I don't really have a lot to choose from!!

Can't remember the date but it was in a little pub in Romford, with Pickled Dick. The venue was so small, but it was packed. But then I have only seen them twice, so I don't really have a lot to choose from!!

• Jamie
    Jamie
    both of the Islington Bar Academy shows ive been to have been the best. out of those two though, im not sure. seeing the flaming tsunamis was fucking great, but the time before in may was great; it was like half empty though. i got so much mic time haha

both of the Islington Bar Academy shows ive been to have been the best. out of those two though, im not sure. seeing the flaming tsunamis was fucking great, but the time before in may was great; it was like half empty though. i got so much mic time haha

• Keelan
    Keelan Strabane, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
    This is difficult. Mainly cos I've never seen SB6 live :( The time they played Belfast, I couldn't get anyone else to go and then when they were play Liverpool Barfly, I already had tickets to Taste Of Chaos or Silverstein. I can't remember which. I'll be there at the RBF tour with my skanking shoes on :D

This is difficult. Mainly cos I've never seen SB6 live frown The time they played Belfast, I couldn't get anyone else to go and then when they were play Liverpool Barfly, I already had tickets to Taste Of Chaos or Silverstein. I can't remember which.

I'll be there at the RBF tour with my skanking shoes on biggrin

• Rob
    Rob Manchester, England, United Kingdom
    ive only seen SB6 once so far the last gig at the manchester acadamy was quality everyone was well up for it so much energy everyone loving it got a bit crushed by the stage n my weed was squashed but it was well worth it :D cant wait for the "secret gig" and the real big fish tour, tho i find rbf a bit cheesy SB6 will more than make up for it.

ive only seen SB6 once so far the last gig at the manchester acadamy was quality everyone was well up for it so much energy everyone loving it got a bit crushed by the stage n my weed was squashed but it was well worth it biggrin cant wait for the "secret gig" and the real big fish tour, tho i find rbf a bit cheesy SB6 will more than make up for it.

•  RoboChrist la LuchaDJ
    RoboChrist la LuchaDJ
    I've only seen em twice as well.... but the pick was the Little Civic in Wolverhampton, quite a small place, and really not that busy, but was first chance to see them, Was about 80 ppl there at best and only bout 20 dancing around like mentals. What was so great was meeting everyone, mainly due to the size of the venue and the proximity of the toilets to the stage! :laugh:

I've only seen em twice as well....
    but the pick was the Little Civic in Wolverhampton, quite a small place, and really not that busy, but was first chance to see them,
    Was about 80 ppl there at best and only bout 20 dancing around like mentals. What was so great was meeting everyone, mainly due to the size of the venue and the proximity of the toilets to the stage!
    laugh

• Cal
    Cal
    I think probally when they played the Joiners in Southampton in October 05...perfect gig, ended up going out to Jesters(!) with the lot of them, then crashing/passing out at the Homestead. Waking up thinking 'where the fuck am I?!' and noticing Ben snoring on the other sofa in the conservatory thing, n goin back to sleep :p Was such a cool night.

I think probally when they played the Joiners in Southampton in October 05...perfect gig, ended up going out to Jesters(!) with the lot of them, then crashing/passing out at the Homestead. Waking up thinking 'where the fuck am I?!' and noticing Ben snoring on the other sofa in the conservatory thing, n goin back to sleep :p

Was such a cool night.

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post